Les Bellamy believes strongly in giving back to his community!
Well-known and well-respected as a generous man, he and his team at Bellamy Homes work hard to support as many charities as possible. Les admits that he has a ‘soft-spot’ for children so much of his focus is on charities that support children in the community.
Some of the charities include:
- Six-time title sponsor of ‘Wish come True’ Society, which supports building Children’s Hospice House
- Ongoing participation in ‘Ride to Reach’, which raises money for various charities
- Founding member of Do Some Good participating in their Good Companies Program
- Presenting sponsor of the Okanagan Charity Classic Golf Tournament held at Predator Ridge. Funds raised have benefited programs giving underprivileged children the opportunity to play in organized sports, Kelowna Hospital Foundation and Canucks Autism Network for kids
- Madkatz Boxing Club – Fight for Kids program
- Hospital Activity Book for children – Make a Wish Foundation
- Donated $30,000 to the Okanagan College Foundation towards the building of their new Trades Training Complex located at the Kelowna campus
- Les donates his time to the ‘Women in Trades’ program, offering site tours to Bellamy Homes’ construction projects.
- As part of the Community Giving Program for every new client that Bellamy Homes signs up, they donate $250 to a charity of their choice